又一个WordPress站点

180个熟词生义(附例句及翻译再加30道配套题目及答案)-私家英语资源库

180个熟词生义(附例句及翻译再加30道配套题目及答案)-私家英语资源库
一些英语词汇的意义,我们经常见到一部分,而另一部分不太常见,这部分意义也很实用,有时还成为考点。在此,我把一些常见词的不常见的意义列举一下,希望能对各位同学的学习有所帮助。
1.A bank of cloud is buildingin the west.西边的天空正聚积起一大团乌云。
2.Theline begins to stir.队伍开始骚动起来。
3.You’ve gone too far.你这么做太过分了。
4.Outside there is a breeze. The whisperof rain.外面刮起了一阵微风,响起了雨的低吟。
5.They were a quiet and fondcouple.他们夫妇一向和和睦睦,相亲相爱。
6.It was bronchitis that finishedher, helped by a week of November fog and Cressley’s industrial dirt and smoke.谁知老伴得了支气管炎,再加上那一周十一月的雾气浓重,克列瑟莱城的工业烟尘弥漫,不到十天,她就去世了。
7.His wife’s death nearly finishedThompson too.老伴一死,汤普森差点儿随她而去。
8.I said with some heat: “Look here, Nabin, …”我有点激动地说:“你听着,纳宾,……”
9.I spent three solidminutes in explaining to him exactly where the post-office was. (连续的;完全的)
我足足花了三分钟给他讲解邮局在哪儿。
10.At the end of that time I felt as lost as Simpson. 到后来我也被弄得跟辛普森一样晕头转向了。
11.The bank seemed to swimbefore my eyes.银行似乎在我眼前旋转起来。
12.This is not bad either, but a bit too heavy.这种(布丁)也不坏,只是稍微腻了点。
13.In surprise, the girl took down the pudding from its standand started to make a parcel of it.
 女店员吃惊地把布丁从架子上取下来,开始包扎。
14.The air was richwith spring.空气里充满了春天的气息。
15.The girl picturedthe suffering of the poor in the story. 这女孩在这个故事里描写了穷人的苦难生活。
16.As he spoke of this a lightcame into his eyes, and a faint smile appeared on his lips.
 当他谈及此事时,他的眼睛亮了起来,一丝淡淡的笑意浮上了嘴角。
17.The thirty thousand dollars he had lost on Wednesday about cleanedhim and his wife out.
 他星期三输掉的三万块钱,差不多把他和他的妻子都搞空了。
18.He was very old 云罗郡主 , and his head was toppedwith a cloud of fine , snow-white hair.
 他很老了,头顶上覆盖着一层又细又白的头发,像雪一样。
19.Not trusting his voice , he cuppedher face between his hands and drew it to him.
 他不信任自己的声音,伸手托住她的脸庞,把它拉向自己。
20.For once, Edouard was completely at a loss for words.
 只有这一回是个例外,爱德华完全不知道说什么好。郑秋泓
21.They couldn’t touchhim. He was a masterpiece. 他们都比不上他,他是个了不起的人物。
22.Her kiss still burnedon my lips. 她的吻还在我的唇上发烫。
23.I moonedmy way through grade and high school. 我糊里糊涂读完了五年级和中学。
24.Fatigue was cloudingher eyes. 她双眼因疲劳而模糊不清。
25.Yes, keeps giving short weightand laughing about it, doesn’t she?
 可不是嘛,她老是缺斤短两的,还为这哈哈大笑呢。
26.She wouldn’t give it to me, no matter how muchI asked.
 她不肯把这笔钱给我,我磨破了嘴皮也没用。
27.I had let her give change for a year or two, but now people often came to me and said they were short changed. I got cross.最近一两年,我一直叮咛她细心给顾客找零钱,但现在总有顾客向我诉苦,说少找了他们的钱。我发火了。
28.She was too upset to see reason. 她恼成那模样,真没法讲道理。
29.Annie came weepingto me one Sunday. 一个星期天,安妮哭着来找我。
30.Then the war came, and I was called up. 后来战争爆发了,我应征入伍。
31.My bank balance would grow well with both our monies.
 我们俩人的钱合在一起,我的银行储蓄会迅速增加的。
32.We went to the picturessometimes. 有时我们一起去看看电影。
33.but I thought your car was weaving. 但我刚才觉得你的车正在路上摇晃。
34.We could losehim any minute. 他随时都可能死去。
35.She smiled broadly, and a wave of relief floodedover him.
她宽慰地笑了,伍迪脸上也掠过了如释重负的表情。
36.She fought offtears. 她竭力控制着不让眼泪流出来。
37.Sherry’s eyes filled. 谢丽的双眼湿润了。
38.She forceda smile. 她强装笑脸。
39.My butterfly daysare over, I fear. 我想我是不会有游手好闲的日子过了。
40.I’m half dead fora pipe. 我真想抽一斗烟。
41.The bound travelers rose to their feet, Easton with the same slowsmile on his face.
 两位铐在一起的旅客站起身来,伊斯顿脸上依旧挂着没精打采的微笑。
42.Dennis was tearingthrough the scenes of his boyhood. 童年时代的情景在丹尼斯脑海中一幕幕闪过。
43.Twice, he had been arrested in hold-ups. 他曾两次因拦路抢劫被捕。
44.He had sprungDennis both times. 那两次都是他把丹尼斯保释出狱的。
45.The little boy wolfeddown his breakfast and then hurried to school.
 小男孩狼吞虎咽地吃完早餐,匆匆忙忙上学去了。
46.They piggedtogether in the mean huts. 他们像猪一样挤在那些简陋的小屋里。
47.He’s got me foxed. 他让我上当了。
48.Malloy always talked hard, but he had a soft , womanish face.
 马洛伊说话很严厉,但有一张温厚的女人似的脸。
49.Then he slapped his hands together and said that the story was worth an extra.
 然后他双手一拍,说这件事值得发个号外。
50.Don’tput on airswith me! 别对我摆架子。
51.It’s in the air that they may get divorced. 据说他们可能会离婚。
52.All butfive of the teachers were women. 所有教师中只有五位是男性。
53.You should allow forhis youth. 你应当体谅他的年轻。
54.Would we have the same chemistryin person that we had on the phone?
我们会有电话上一样的感情变化过程吗?
55.Then, pulling myself together, I thanked him and stepped out into the late-morning sun.
 然后,我振作起来,向他道了谢,出楼跨进那接近中午的阳光里。
56.Often it takes some sudden and sad turn of events to awaken us to the beauty of a special presence in our lives.常常是,事情来个突然的、伤心的转折,才唤醒我们去认识生命中某种特殊存在之美。
57. “Because you mattered赵琦鑫 ,Adolf,” I said aloud to no one, “Because I was your friend.”
 “因为你对我很重要,阿道夫,”我大声地自言自语。“因为你是我的朋友。”
58.Then he stood me on my feetand asked if I thought I had deserved it.
 然后,他叫我站直,问我这是不是我应得的惩罚。
59.Every time he spoke it made me jump. 每次他开口讲话都吓得我心惊肉跳。
60.It looked foreignto him. 在他看来大喜哥 ,它是那么陌生。
61.Feverishly he tore it open , and found the following: 他特别兴奋地把信拆开,内容如下:
62.Heart to heart though far apart. 天各一方心相连。
63.Two men, lost tothe woods forever. 他们二位,终生迷上了森林。
64.She had been caught up with the fussy woman who had been so particular about how her steak was cooked.
 她曾被那爱挑剔的女人缠住,那女人对于她点的牛排怎么烹调要求很特殊。
65.After a shouted opinion of what he thought of the restaurant, he stormed out.
 他大喊大嚷地发表了一通他认为餐馆应该是什么样的议论后,就冲出去了。
66.Patrick Bronte fatheredBranwell, but more importantly, he fatheredAnne, Emily and Charlotte.
 帕特利克·勃朗特养育了布朗维尔,但更重要的,他是安妮、艾米莉和夏洛特的父亲。
67.Sometimes you act like you’re not worth the powder and shotit would take to blow you up with.
 有时,你的表现简直让人觉得连拿子弹把你毙掉都嫌浪费。
68.People who stopped to pat themselves on the backdidn’t last long.停步不前、自我陶醉的人好景不长。
69.Louder! And put more fireinto it! 声音大一些!再热情些!
70.The true artist let himself go. 一个真正的艺术家要尽情抒发自己的胸怀。
71.Love is a climate---a climate of the heart. 爱的情感是一种气氛--一种心心相印的气氛。
72.It was a long time to be away, and so far! 这次两人分别的时间很长,相距又是这么远!
73.Now , if I were making up this story, the rejected wife would fightthat quick paper-divorce.
 如果这个故事是由我虚构出来的,下文大概会是这样:弃妇不同意快速离婚。
74.Perhaps she had loved him so long that she was unable to stop.
 也许是她多年来一直爱着他,一时还转不过弯儿来。
75.She could picturethe situation. 她能想象得出当时的处境。
76.Edith now built her life around this thought. 于是,这个念头便成了艾迪丝生活的支柱。
77.Then Edith knew that her last gift to Karl could be peace of mind.
 艾迪丝知道,她送给卡尔的最后礼物可能是心灵的安慰。
78.Sadder were the times when letters came from Aiko. 每次接到爱子的来信都更加令人悲伤。
79.In the brokenEnglish, Edith read the loneliness. 艾迪丝从(爱子)那蹩脚的英文中看到了她的孤寂。
80.There is not an atomof truth in what he said. 他所说的没有一点真话。
81.He stood there in a threatening attitude. 他站在那里摆出一副咄咄逼人的架势。
82.My experience in the wild suggestedthe wolf would now gather her pups and vanish into the woods.
在荒野的经验告诉我,此刻母狼会带上小狼一起迅速消失在树林里。
83.It’s no use studying for an exam at the last minute.
临时抱佛脚来应考是没用的。
84.She is a frightfullynice girl. 这个姑娘漂亮极了。
85.I am terriblysorry to trouble you. 很抱歉给您添麻烦了。
86.I wondered why the pair had strayed so far from their school.
我心中纳闷为什么这两只海豚会离群这么远。
87.Suddenly a thick blanketof fog enveloped the ship, blotting out the instrument panel.
突然间一团浓雾把飞机笼罩起来,遮住了仪表盘。
88.The saidinterest shall be divided into 5 parts and distributed as follows:
该项利息可分为五部分,分配如下:
89.Indeed his greatness lay in his outstandingability to combine the qualities of an original scientist with those of a forward-lookingindustrialist. 确实,他的伟大在于他具有卓越的能力,能把一个有独创性的科学家的品质同一个有远见的实业家的品质结合起来。
90.Linda sees it differently. She thinks the dolphin fought for us---that in the midst of all the cruelties of nature, there is roomfor kindness as well.
琳达的看法不同,她认为海豚是为我们而搏斗的——在自然界残酷的斗争中,也还存在着仁爱。
91.My breath stopped ,and a vein began to pound in my right temple.
我的呼吸停止了,我的右太阳穴的血管嘣嘣直跳。
92.He was Germany’s greatest literary figure, and he had wordsfor every human situation---for every emotion of the human heart.
他(歌德)是德国最伟大的文学大师,他写出了人世间的各种境遇——人心中的各种感情。
93.Her mother told me she once didn’t talk for two or three days. She can hold things in that long.
她的母亲告诉我,她有时两三天一声不吭。真亏她憋得住。
94.She was left off an Olympic relay team in1984 because officials said her six-inch fingernailswere too long for passing the baton.
1984年,官员说她六英寸的指甲太长,不便传棒,没有让她参加奥运会接力赛。
95.She plays upher good looks as few Olympians ever have .
没有几个参赛的运动员像她那样突出地显示自己俏丽的容貌的。
96.“Florence is very giving,”says Al. “But she has a meantoughness in her that people don’t really see.”
“弗罗伦斯很随和,”艾尔说。“但她内心有着一种不太明显的韧性,这一点人们实际上看不出来。
97.No matter what you say or do to breakher down, she won’t break.
无论你说什么或采取什么行动来打击她,她都垮不了。
98.At that time she was known as the Goddess. I thought she could be a black goddess.
她当时有女神之称,我认为她能成为一个黑人女神。
99.All the children were special, but Dee Dee was something else.
孩儿们都不一般,可迪伊·迪伊更不寻常。
100.She was so light on her feet. She just floated. 她步履轻盈,简直是飘若惊鸿。
101.She gained weight, and by the end of 1986 she was in semiretirement.
她的体重增加了,到1986年年底,她处于半隐退的状态。
102.Most cards are romantic and express secret love messages which don’t let onwho the sender is.
多数情人卡富有浪漫色彩,表露对恋人的心扉,又不泄露谁是增与者。
103.Psychologically基地疑云 , it’s absolutely sound. 从心理上讲,这是完全健康合理的。
104.The importance lies in whatyou put into your work yourself---not what the world thinks of the result.
重要的是在于你要全身心地沉浸在你的工作中,而不在乎世人对结果作何评说。
105.If you are a partying animal, most of the fun will be at night along lower Alabama and Kenny’s Alley where folk music blares from Banks and Shane and country and western pounds out of Miss Kitty’s.
 如果你是个喜欢参加社交活动的人,那么沿着亚拉巴马河下游和肯尼氏小街从班克斯和沙恩的酒吧洪亮地传出的民间音乐,以及接连不断地从基蒂小姐的酒吧间传出的乡下和西方乐器的轰鸣声,将在夜里给你提供最多的乐趣。
106.But if the bar scene is not your thingyou can stop at Gorin’s for delicious gourmet ice cream.
可是,如果酒吧这种地方不合你的胃口,你可以到“戈林铺子”稍作停留,吃一客美味的冰淇淋。
107.At the end of the year she was dismissed, cured. 那年年底,她病愈出院。
108.It’s not easily graspedthat Australia really began several times , in different places.
很难叫人理解的是,澳大利亚曾在不同地点建立过几次。
109.Was my great-great-greatgrandmother the first white child born on the Murrumbidgee River?
我的太太曾祖母是不是出生在穆伦比奇河畔的第一个白人孩子?
110.Many American families pridethemselves on their cooking, and have deep freezers, where they store food they grow in their gardens or buy in the supermarket.
许多美国家庭以自己的烹调而自豪。他们有冷藏箱,可以把他们在花园种的或从超级市场买的食物贮藏起来。
111.There were twelve great gods of Greece. The handsomest and best loved of these was Apollo.
希腊有十二位伟大的神,其中最漂亮和最受爱戴的是阿波罗。
112.How much of China have you covered since you came here? 你来华至今去过中国的多少地方了?
113.The students should listen to the teacher all eyes in class. 学生们在课堂上应该聚精会神地听老师讲课。
114.Tears began to buildin my mother’s eyes. 泪水开始在母亲的双眼里聚集。
115.Linesgrew deep in his forehead as he told us that he and my mother were getting a divorce.
父亲告诉我们他要跟妈妈离婚时,额头上的皱纹愈发的深了。
116.Sand begins as tiny pieces of rock that get smaller and smaller as wind and weather wearthem down.
风霜雨雪将岩石一块块剥蚀下来,石块儿越来越小,最后就变成了沙子。
117.You can send postcards for free, but the catchis that there’s no postman to collect them.
你可以免费寄明信片,但让人犯难的是没有邮递员来取。
118.When the weather is fair and settled, they are clothedin blue and purple, and print their beautiful shapes on the clear evening sky.
  天气晴和的时候,它们(Catskill Mountains)披上了蓝色和紫色的外衣,并将它们美丽的轮廓映在傍晚清澈的天空中。
119.I’ve been watching television for the last three days and feeling prettysad. And I just kind ofwanted to do something to help everyday out.
过去的三天里我一直在看电视,心中甚觉悲伤,我只是有点儿想帮一帮大家。
120.The bank pays you interest for every day you let it use your money.
你让银行用你的钱,银行就得按天付给你利息。
121.He ate his wordsat last. 他终于认错,收回了他上次所说的话。
122.Tell me what’s your beef? 你抱怨什么?
123.That ship is sky of sweet water. 那条船缺少淡水。
124.It’s not easy to remember all the English lines. 要记住所有英文台词不容易。
125.A teenage girl became worried when her periodstopped for three months.
十来岁的女孩子如果三个月没来月经就会担心。
126.The linewas busy; someone must have been using the telephone. 电话线路忙,肯定有人在打电话。
127.A large bird sailedslowly over the city. 一只大鸟缓缓地飞过这座城市。
128.I think most teachers would probably agree the classroom discussion is typically dominated by four or five students who have no trouble speakingtheir minds.
我想大部分老师都可能会同意这一点,课堂讨论实际上被四、五个学生所左右,只有他们几个才能毫不费力地表达自己的想法。
129. He used to bookthe room by saying simply to Mr Doyle, “Till next year then.”
他过去预订房间只是对多伊尔先生说一句:“那就明年再说吧。”
130.I develop filmsmyself. 我自己冲洗照片。
131.I have a surprisefor you. 我有一个意想不到的东西给你看。
132.That's the latestfashion. 这是最流行的款式。
133.What's the pointof going to college? 上大学有何用?
134.In 1637 Galileo’s eyes failed, and then he could not see anything through his telescopes.
1637年伽俐略的视力开始衰退,后来用望远镜什么也看不见了。
135.The Army and Navy men opened the two capsules to find out how their passengers had stoodthe trip.
陆军及海军士兵打开两个太空舱,看一看他们的乘客经历这次旅行的情形。
136.A freshwater springand the way the sand had been heaped by the wind told them something might be buried there.
一口淡水泉,还有风堆沙子的方式都向他们表明那儿可能埋有东西。
137.The people of Baffia loved King Herbert, but they couldn’t standhis habit of alwaysbeing right, even when he was wrong.
巴弗亚的人民爱戴赫伯特国王,但是不能容忍他那种永远正确的习惯,即使他是错的,也是这样。
138. How can you say that you really understand the whole story if you have coveredonly part of the article?
你只看了文章的一部分,怎么能说真的看懂了整个故事呢?
139. Through the last four hundred years, the two major schoolsof Ming style furniture making are still thriving in China, the Southern schooland Beijing school.
过去的四百年里,明朝风格家具制作的两个主要流派——南派和京派,依然在中国流行。
140.The ground should be evenand hard, and there should be no unmarked holes or other dangers.
地面应该平坦结实,不应有不设标志的洞或其它危险。
141. Afterwards his story was made into a film and was airedin China, Europe and America.
之后,他的故事被拍成影片,并且在中国、欧洲和美国上映。
142. Is it a soundattitude towards life? 这是一种正确的人生态度吗?
143. In any walkof life, disappointments will go before success.
不管你干哪一行,成功之前必定要经历失败。
144. The rain was killingthe last days of summer, you had been killingmy last breath of love since a long time age.
雨水扼杀着所剩无几的夏日,而你很久以来也在扼杀着我奄奄一息的爱。
145.If Iwere a boy again, Iwould schoolmyself into a habit of attention; Iwould let nothing come between me and the subject in hand.
假如我能回到童年,我会养成专心致志的习惯,一旦手头有工作,就决不让任何东西使自己分心。
146. While the Internet is bridgingthe distance between people, it may also be breaking some homes or will cause other family problems.
因特网在拉近人与人之间距离的同时也可能破坏了一些家庭或许也会导致其它家庭问题。
147. King Lear became so angry at his daughter’s words that be scolded her for being so heartless, saying that he could no longer counther a daughter of his and that he would divide the third part of his kingdom between Goneril and Regan.
听到这个女儿的话李尔王非常生气,骂她无心无肺,说他不能再认这个女儿,他要把江山的第三部分平分给戈内瑞尔和里根。
148.The other visitors wondered how the young elephant had such soundjudgement.
其他游客不晓得那头小象怎么有那么正确的判断力。
149.It must have seemed a good moveat the time, but so far the lawyer has paid her at least three times the value of the house.
那在当时肯定是一着秒棋,但时至目前那位律师起码已经付了房价三倍的价钱。
150.But the captain’s courage, perseverance, and powerful willmastered every man on board, and we went to work again.
但是船长的勇气,毅力和坚强的意志征服了船上的每一个人,于是我们再一次投入到工作之中。
151.Are the leavesall in it and is it just like the others, only not new?
是不是和其它的一样一页不缺,只不过有点儿旧?
152.Many years later, Iwas going to Europe on one of the finest ships that ever ploughedthe waters of the Atlantic. 许多年之后,我准备乘坐曾经驶过大西洋的最好的一艘船到欧洲去。
153.The crew was made up of strong and able men and the mates were experienced seamen of the first class.
船员既强壮又有能力,同伴也都是一流的有经验的海员。
154.The captain, who had been below, now came up. He saw how matters stood.
一直在下边的船长这会儿上来了,他看到了当时的情况。
155.The powerful motors springto life and the men jump on as the fire-engines shoot out and flash down the street. 大功率的机器立刻启动,人一跳上,消防车箭一般射将出去,沿着大街飞驰而去。
156.Every single thing she had learned from the Crimea was there---every statement she made was backed by hardevidence.
她从克里米亚学到的一点一滴都跃然纸上——每项论述都论据充分。
157.He is a bit high. 他有点醉了。
158.Whenever he was asked, Sherpa Tenzing Norgay’s answer was, “We climbed as a team, period.”
每当人们问到夏尔巴人登舍·诺吉的时候,他总是回答说:“我们是作为一个集体登山的,就这样。”
159.If you are traveling where the customs are really foreignto your own, please do as the Romans do.
如果旅行的地方风俗跟你自己的确实不同,那么,请入乡随俗。
160.The upper reaches of the sky showed lighter shades of gray.
天空上边的那一部分呈现出浅灰的色彩。
161.When an insect lands on them, the “traps”suddenly shut. Over the course of a week or so, the plant feeds on its catch.
一旦有昆虫停在上面,“夹子”突然合住。随后的一周或更长的时间里,这棵植物就从捕获物上吸取营养。
162. A great cloudof smoke shot up into the sky with great burning rocks, which fell all around.
一大团烟雾和燃烧着的岩石直射天空,后又落了下来。
163. You are glad when the fastis over and you get your reward of a rich meat meal.
斋戒结束时你很高兴,你得到了一顿丰盛的肉食。
164. Ever since they entered this world, Paris and Nicky have been the talkof the town, if not the world for good reason.
自从她们来到这个世界,帕里斯和尼基即便不是谈论的焦点,至少也是人们街谈巷议的话题冯立淼 。
165. According to studentsof the game, in the 49 years since the first World Cup tournament was held in 1930, football has gone through three major changes, or revolutions, in method of play.
研究这项运动的人说,自从1930年世界杯锦标赛开赛以来49年中,足球战术经历了三个主要的变化,或者说重大革命。
166. In a harbinger of things to come, he also kept the band’s books. They balanced. 由于有个未卜先知的大脑,他还掌管着乐队的账目,而且管得很好。
167. Wilbur looked everywhere. He searched his penthoroughly. 威伯四处搜寻,他把窝里查了个遍。
168. Now as Chile’s first female head of state, Bachelet’s priority is to bridgethe gap between the rich and the poor. 作为智利第一位女性国家元首,巴切莱特的首要任务是缩小贫富差距。
169. Some child experts believe that young children must spend all their time with their mother if they are to grow soundin body and mind. 一些儿童专家认为,小孩要想身心健康,必须跟母亲生活在一起。
170. The museum housesmore than 200 Van Gogh paintings. 这间博物馆收藏了梵高200多张画作。
171. In the future Ishall place you above want. 从今以后,我不会再让你因为没有钱而发愁。
172. Walking down the street twirling his cluband checking doors to make sure they were locked全开女孩 , the officer, made a fine example of a policeman. 他一边往前走,一边推推每扇门,看看上锁了没有,同时迅速灵巧地转动他的警棍,俨然是一位模范警察.
173. At age 6, she got her breakby singing on a kids’TV show. 6岁时,她得到一个电视儿童秀节目上唱歌的机会。
174. Then the slave-girls danced some light and graceful measuresto the loveliest music. 接着那些女仆们和着最可爱的音乐跳着一些轻快优雅的拍子。
175. What are the new Miss Hong Kong’s measurements? 新任香港小姐的三围是多少?
176. The committee can tablethe bill, or put it aside. 委员会可以把议案提交讨论,也可以将它搁置。
177. One of my friends told me she was in laborfor 36 hours. 有个朋友说她分娩时阵痛了36个小时。
178. The journey through the mountains and desert in the central part of the continent was the most tryingpart. 穿过大陆中部的大山和沙漠是整个旅程中最熬人的一段。
179. Their temperatures were very high, and their breathing shallow. 他们的体温都很高,呼吸很短促。
180. They had a setvalue and could be stored without the worry that their value would decrease. 它们(硬币)有固定价值,可以储存又不必担心储存期间会贬值。(set phrase 固定短语)
练一练:
请写出黑体字的中文意思:
1. If he gets too focused on not liking the way he looks, a guy’s self-esteem cantake a hit.
2. Now you canpickupa coat at the supermarket whenever you wish to.
3. Leeds was where we got most of our clothes in the past, but now almost all of them aresourcedelsewhere.
4. Stephanie’s burns are a lot more serious than mine, but she is so strong that she never lets anyoneputherdown.
5. Train yourself to “biteyour tongue”, and you’ll get really good at letting things go.
6. Why do we all seek tofreezein time the faces of our children, our parents, our lovers, and ourselves?
7. The next day he sent a checkcoveringour entire rent for eight months.
8. I should have started the conversation by expressing how my actions affected Eleanor andsavedthe discussions about my intention for later, much later and even never.
9. Students who are found with petsaresubjecttoan initial fine of $100.
10. Again, Ireasonedwithmy professor. Again, he listened patiently but wouldn’t change his mind.
11. Surround yourself with uplifting individuals whochallengeyou to be better.
12. If this is not available, studentssitthe exam on the first Monday of their course.
13. The childdrinksinall the words and expressions which come to him naturally.
14. Neighbors and co-workerstrusttheir car repairs to him.
15. My son may nevermakethe school honor roll. But he made mine.
16. Jimmy sat down and they shared a cup of well-deserved coffee as helandedhimself a new job.
17. I’ll describe threeno-win situationsthat commonly arise between teens and parents.
18. Some value competition highly, believing that itis responsible forsocial progress.
19. In theirsingle-mindedpursuit of success, the development of many other human qualities is sadly forgotten.
20. Professor Robert Wielgusarguesthat poorly designed hunting policies might be causing an increase in cougar-human conflicts.
21. If youdropthe belief, you begin to feel a little “dead” inside because you’re dropping “you”.
22. On the receiving end, in another city, a robotic armfittedwith a regular pen signs the book.
23. The LongPen was officiallylaunchedat the 2006 London Book Fair.
24. Perhaps the railway authorities areatfaultfor poor signalling system.
25. None of those components areoff the shelf, so we have to develop them all on our own.
26. Both big and small, e-business websites havefloodedthe Internet by the hundreds of thousands.
27. You can use the Internet to find new suppliers,postbuying requests or search for products andservices.
28. The reporter believes that good storiesspringfromgood questions.
29. A well-written news story puts information in context, offers avoiceto each side of an argument.
30. A reader can tremble wildly at an axe-murder oridentifyhimselfwiththe winning team reported in the newspaper.
答案:
1.深受影响;深受打击 2.廉价买到3.获得 4.羞辱5.保持缄默 6.定格7.足以支付8.保留9.需缴纳罚款 10.和……讲道理11.激励 12.参加(考试) 13.尽情地倾听;陶醉于14.托付15.成功获得某一位置16.谋得17.全输的局面18.是……的原因19.一心一意的 20.认为21.放弃 22.安装23.把……投放市场 24.有责任25.现售的26.充斥27.发帖 28.源自29.发言权 30.把他自己视为
- end -
你的点赞与转发是我们发文的动力!
小助手
私家英语资源库搭建平台助力教与学、汇集优质教学资源
作者:admin | 分类:全部文章 | 浏览:351 2017 11 12  
« 上一篇 下一篇 »